Mountain hiking adapted with your children. 4 to 5 hours of walking a day, for 3 days and 3 nights in a cottage – 1 night in a tent .
- The mountain, with three days of walking in the central Atlas and its magnificent landscapes.
- The life of the Berbers in the “happy valley” of Aït Bougmez
- Encounters, in the fields, on the trails, with the Berbers, with the children.
Destination: Morocco a la carte, Morocco Mountain
Duration: 5 days
Possible since: 01/04/2018
Day 1 : Marrakech – to the Bougmez – Agouti (1780 m)
Go to your accommodation with the guide and the driver. Road to the central Atlas, to the beautiful village of Agouti, heart of the valley. Installation in a gîte lunch.
Then climb to the small summit of Sidi Chita which offers a beautiful view of the valley.
The cottage, created and run by Mustapha , a guide of the Marrakech Trekking team, is very comfortable; one room per family.
Possibility of traditional beldi hammam in the cottage (indicative price: 30 Dhs, from 4 people).
2 hours of walking. M = D = 150 m.
Day 2 : Discovery of the valley
Day in loop, with the climb on one side of the valley, and return on the other side. Aguerd Ouzou Discovery Trail: Irrigated crops extend on either side of the Bouwgmmaz Assif. Numerous observations: threshing floors, traditional architecture (tighermt), traces of dinosaurs. Meetings with the children of the valley.
Ascent to the collective attic of Sidi Moussa, exceptional belvedere which dominates all the valley.
Night at the cottage.
4 to 5 hours of walking. M = D = 280 m.
Day 3 : Agouti – Gorges d’Arrous – it’s gone up in the mountains
After a good breakfast, the muleteers load the necessary material for two days: tents, cooking, mattresses, food, bags.
Raised by the Gorges d’Arrous, in a very mineral world. Exploration of a small canyon in places so narrow that it just lets in sunlight.
Dinner and overnight in tents in the mountains around 2500 meters, near the azibs, Ikkis altitudes sheepfolds, used in summer by Berber families with their flocks.
Tonight, it’s like real explorers !!
5 hours of walking. M = 700 m.
Day 4 : Back to Agouti
Breakfast up there on the mountain, well above the world. Loading mules and walking through the gorges to go to tea in a family in the small village of Aït Saïd lost.
Return to the gite of Agouti for a last night in the happy valley.
Possibility of traditional hammam.
4 to 5 hours of walking. D = 700 m.
Day 5 : Agouti – Marrakech
Return to Marrakech, with a detour to Ouzoud waterfalls; tasting a Berber tagine in a small restaurant to the waterfalls. Opportunity to swim at the foot of waterfalls. Arrival in Marrakech in the afternoon, where we leave you to your accommodation.
1 to 2 hours walking M = D = 150 m
- A varied discovery of the Bougmez, with easy hikes.
- Three nights in a comfortable cottage, in the heart of the valley.
- One night in camp on the mountain, with cook, tents and firewood.
- The waterfalls of Ouzoud, traditional Berber tajine, bathing.
- A saddle mule for two children.
- Covers provided for overnight in tents.
The price includes
– Land transfers, vehicles reserved for the group.
– Accommodation as described, in a cottage (one room per family), under tent.
– Full board.
– The collective and individual kitchen equipment.
– Supervision by a guide Berber, Moroccan French and English .
– The assistance of a local team (drivers, muleteers, cook).
– Saddle mules for children (1 mule for 2 children).
– A group first aid kit.
The price does not include
– Assistance repatriation.
– The drinks.
– All that is not indicated in the heading “The price includes”.